KETO 3 INGREDIENTS BROCCOLI CHEESE BITES
Keto 3 Ingredients Broccoli Cheese Bites: 0.9g carbs each.
Here’s an easy-peasy keto idea. Healthy mini bakes that you can have for lunch, as a starter, savoury snack, party food or as part of a picnic hamper. They are lovely whether you eat them warm or cold. And they’ll keep for a couple of days, providing they are kept refrigerated in a sealed container. If you don’t like broccoli, or you want to reduce carbs even further, just swap the broccoli rice for cauliflower rice and Bob’s your uncle – now your bites will contain just 0.65g carbs. Both veggies are considered low carb superfoods, so you can’t really go wrong here!
Obviously, being ‘bites’, you won’t want to eat just one…I find 3 is a good portion. But, what the heck, eat the whole 12 and you’ve still only eaten 11g carbs (8g if made with cauliflower rice). So you can binge on these babies and not feel guilty afterwards!!!
Do you want the Keto 3 Ingredients Broccoli Cheese Bites to be more cheese-y or broccoli-y? No problem. Simply use a bit more of one and a little less of the other and you’re there.
Fancy spicing up your life? Just add some hot spices or a few chopped chillies and these little beauties will set you on fire!
How to Make Keto 3 Ingredients Broccoli Cheese Bites
Get a large glass bowl or similar. I like Pyrex, but whatever you have – as long as it’s a food-grade bowl, will do.
For speed and convenience, I buy broccoli rice and cauliflower rice in a pouch, ready to use. But you can easily make ‘rice’ by simply pulsing broccoli or cauliflower florets in a food processor for a few seconds until you see them become ‘rice’-like. A bit messy, but pretty easy to do. Whether you make the ‘rice’yourself, or you buy it in a bag, there’s no need for pre-cooking.
Pour the broccoli rice, or cauliflower rice, into the bowl, together with grated/shredded cheese, eggs and seasoning.
It’s that simple.
- 200g broccoli rice
- 200g grated mature cheddar cheese
- 2 medium eggs
- pinch of fine Himalayan pink salt (U.S. option HERE)
- a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
- unsalted butter
- in a food processor, pulse broccoli florets until they become rice-like (or buy a broccoli rice pouch – I get mine from Sainsbury’s).
- using a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli rice, grated cheese, eggs, salt and pepper (plus chilli powder or flakes if you fancy spicy bites) – I find a fork works best.
- pre-heat oven to 200C fan (220C static).
- generously butter each hole of a 12-muffin oven tray and divide the mixture between the holes.
- use the back of a teaspoon to flatten the mixture, but avoid pressing down excessively.
- bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and crispy on top.
- let the bites cool down, then remove them (a small, flexible spatula will help if a little stuck to the bottom or sides) and serve.