Keto Cheesecake Bites
Keto-friendly cheesecake is one of the best ways to satisfy your sweet tooth and increase your intake of high-quality fats on keto. However, it can be a daunting task to bake a whole keto cheesecake if you only want a few bites of creamy deliciousness.
This is when our mini keto cheesecake bites recipe will save the day (and your diet). No-fuss, no crust – just make ahead and pull it out of the fridge anytime the craving strikes for a perfect bite of high-fat, low-carb cheesecake.
Is Cheesecake Keto?
Traditional cheesecake is not keto-friendly since all of the high-fat ingredients are accompanied by plenty of sugar and high-carb crust.
To make mini cheesecake bites keto, you’ll be replacing the sugar with keto-friendly sweetener and skipping the crust. (Don’t forget to use low-carb cheesecake toppings as well.)
Three Steps to Mini Keto Cheesecake Bites: No Crust Necessary
Keto cheesecake is surprisingly easy to make, and these mini cheesecake bites are even easier! All it takes is three steps:
1. Make your keto-friendly cheesecake filling.
Simply mix together the cream cheese and powdered erythritol at a low to medium speed until the filling is fluffy.
Then, you’ll slowly add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
Make sure not to overmix or increase the speed. This can trap air bubbles in the filling, yielding a subpar keto cheesecake bite.
2. Combine and bake your mini cheesecake bites.
Since these bites are crustless, you’ll add the keto cheesecake mixture to the mini muffin liners first. This will be followed by chopped strawberries (or any of the other keto toppings you’ll find below).
Bake until the cheesecake bites are puffy with slightly jiggly centers.
3. Let them set and cool.
Once they cool to room temperature, place them in the fridge for around an hour until they have firmed up. This is when the texture and flavor will be at their best.
Top Keto Tips for the Best Mini Cheesecake Bites
To enhance the quality of your cheesecake bites, keep these tips in mind:
- Bring your cheesecake filling ingredients to room temperature first. This ensures that everything will mix together easily and smoothly, without any lumps.
- Don’t rush the mixing process. You want a perfectly smooth cheesecake batter without any lumps or air bubbles. The quickest way to do this is by mixing gently and stopping right when it has the recommended texture.
- Check your oven temperature. Cheesecake tends to crack at higher temperatures, so double-check your oven temperature with a cheap oven thermometer if you are struggling to get the mini bites right.
- Don’t over bake your keto cheesecake. Leaving the bites in for too long can yield a firm, less satisfying cheesecake. Take your mini bites out when the center is almost set, but will still wobble or jiggle a bit. They will set a bit more as they cool.
How To Customize Your Crustless Mini Keto Cheesecake Bites
One of the best things about this cheesecake recipe is how easy it is to customize. Essentially, all you have to do is swap out the strawberries for other low-carb ingredients that you prefer.
Here are some of the most popular keto-friendly cheesecake flavor variations you can try:
- Keto-friendly Oreo Cheesecake Bites — To get the perfect oreo cookie crumble without the carbs, follow the cookie crumb steps in our keto cookies and creme ice cream recipe. Feel free to sprinkle them on top or gently mix the crumbs into the batter before pouring them into the muffin tin.
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites — After you’ve poured the batter into your muffin tin, swirl in a small amount of sugar-free pumpkin puree and keto maple syrup with a toothpick.
- Dark Chocolate Mini Cheesecake Bites – Either add 1-2 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder to the batter or top your bites with some sugar-free chocolate savings.
- Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites — Swirl some sugar-free, smooth peanut butter into the cheesecake bites with a toothpick before putting them into the oven.
- Raspberry, Blackberry, or Blueberry Keto Cheesecake Bites — Simply replace the strawberries with any other low-carb berries. Feel free to use frozen berries as well, just make sure to thaw them first.
For more flavor inspiration, check out our other popular cheesecake recipes.
Can I Use a Different Keto-friendly Sweetener?
For this keto cheesecake recipe, it is best to stick with a powdered keto sweetener that has a similar sweetness as sugar. This will ensure that each bite has the right flavor and texture.
However, if you want to experiment with other sweeteners, make sure to follow the recommendations in our sweetener substitution guide.
How To Store Your Keto Mini Cheesecake Bites
You can store your leftover keto cheesecake bites in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Put them in an airtight container to best preserve freshness.
For a long-term storage option, simply move your airtight container with cheesecake bites into the freezer. Stored in this way, they will last around 6-8 months.
Yields 12 Keto Cheesecake Bites
- 16 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup erythritol, powdered
- 6 medium strawberries
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Prep ingredients and get them ready. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Line a mini muffin pan with 12 parchment liners. You can alternatively make these in a regular muffin tray, just divide the mixture out equally (and bake for a few minutes less).
3. To create the cheesecake mixture, beat the cream cheese and powdered erythtirol together until smooth.
4. Add the egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
5. Beat the mixture again until completely smooth and ingredients are incorporated well.
6. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the liners of the mini muffin pan.
7. Chop half of the strawberries and add a small amount of chopped strawberry over the top of each cheesecake.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheesecake bites have puffed up but are still slightly jiggly. Let cool for 10 minutes, then place the cheesecake bites in the refrigerator and chill for 30-45 minutes. When the cheesecake bites are almost finished cooling, use a hand mixer to beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Pipe or spoon some whipped cream on each cheesecake bite.
9. Slice the remaining strawberries and lay slices of strawberry across the top of each cheesecake bite.
10. Return to the refrigerator to store/chill further, or serve immediately!
This makes a total of 12 Keto Cheesecake Bites. Each Keto Cheesecake Bite comes out to be 195 calories, 18.8g fats, 3g net carbs, and 3.3g protein.
|16 ounce cream cheese||1588||156||25||0||25||28|
|1 large egg||72||4.8||0.4||0||0.4||6.3|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice||2.6||0||0.8||0.1||0.7||0.1|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|1/2 cup erythritol||40||0||0||0||0||0|
|6 medium strawberries||23||0.2||5.5||1.4||4.1||0.5|
|3/4 cup heavy cream||607||64||4.9||0||4.9||5.1|
|Per Serving (/12)||195.4||18.8||3.1||0.1||3.0||3.3|
The post Keto Cheesecake Bites appeared first on Ruled Me.