Keto Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sauce
Chicken enchiladas made with a green chile sauce is one of my favorite dinners. Trying to recreate enchiladas with low-carb tortillas can be a pain, especially if you try and make them yourself. With these, we’ve used softened cabbage leaves to roll up the filling. It’s an easy an nutritious option!
The enchiladas are stuffed with shredded chicken, onions, and shredded cheese. They’re dolloped with a sauce made from chicken broth, sour cream, and green chilis. The result is flavorful, creamy, and delicious!
Yields 8 servings of Keto Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sauce
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (7-ounce) cans green chiles
- 1 head cabbage
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Mix the shredded chicken with green onion, ¾ of the shredded cheese, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour the chicken broth into a saucepan then bring to a boil. Turn the heat down then stir in the sour cream and green chiles. Let the sauce simmer, stirring often, until the sauce thickens.
4. Peel the leaves off the cabbage, being careful not to tear them. Plunge the cabbage leaves into the boiling water for a few minutes, before drying them on paper towels.
5. Spoon some of the chicken mixture into each of the cabbage leaves, placing a spoonful of green chile sauce on top. Roll the leaves up then place seam side down inside a baking dish.
6. Spread the rest of the green chile sauce on top of the cabbage rolls, then top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Keto Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sauce. Each serving comes out to be 240.5 Calories, 13.96g Fats, 7.82g Net Carbs, and 18.4g Protein.
|Keto Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sauce||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 cups shredded chicken||676||27||0||0||0||101|
|4 green onions, chopped||19||0.1||4.4||1.6||2.8||1.1|
|1 cup shredded cheese||457||38||3.5||0||3.5||26|
|1/3 cup chopped cilantro||1.2||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin||3.8||0.2||0.5||0.1||0.4||0.2|
|1 cup chicken broth||15||0.5||1.1||0||1.1||1.6|
|1 cup sour cream||455||45||10.6||0||10.6||5.6|
|2 (7-ounce) cans green chiles||70||0||14||0||14||0|
|1 head cabbage||227||0.9||52.7||22.7||30||11.6|
The post Keto Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sauce appeared first on Ruled Me.