Keto Swedish Meatballs
I’m sure some of you grew up eating Swedish meatballs, but many of us associate this recipe with shopping at Ikea and that’s perfectly fine too. Flavor packed keto Swedish meatballs are served in creamy beef gravy. We kept the carbs low by skipping the breadcrumbs and using xanthan gum as a thickener.
For even more flavor you could try doing this recipe with a 50/50 mixture of ground beef and ground pork. This recipe could also be great for meal prep if you do a little planning ahead. Just cook and freeze the meatballs, then when you’re ready to serve all you have to do is make up the gravy.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Swedish Meatballs
- 1-pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups beef stock
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1. In a mixing bowl add the ground beef, dried parsley, allspice, nutmeg, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and onion. Mix with your hands. Normally we’d tell you to be careful not the overmix, but in this instance, you want to make sure that the meat sticks together well. Roll into 20 meatballs.
2. Melt the butter for the meatballs in a skillet, then cook the meatballs in batches. Make sure you brown them on all sides and baste with the butter. Set the cooked meatballs aside.
3. Add the butter for the gravy to the pan. As it melts use a spatula to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour in the beef stock, whipping cream, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper then whisk together. Place a ladleful of the sauce into a separate bowl then whisk in the xanthan gum, before stirring this into the gravy.
4. Add the meatballs back to the pan, coating with the gravy. Simmer for another 15 minutes to make sure they’re hot and fully cooked through. Serve with a side of riced or mashed cauliflower. Garnish with parsley.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Swedish Meatballs. Each serving comes out to be 647.68 Calories, 53.48g Fats, 6.58g Net Carbs, and 34.33g Protein.
|Keto Swedish Meatballs||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1-pound ground beef||1234||79||0||0||0||122|
|1 tablespoon dried parsley||4.5||0.1||0.8||0.4||0.4||0.4|
|¼ teaspoon allspice||1.3||0||0.3||0.1||0.2||0|
|¼ teaspoon nutmeg||3||0.2||0.3||0.1||0.2||0|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder||5.2||0||1.2||0.1||1.1||0.3|
|¼ onion, diced||10||0||2.4||0.3||2.1||0.3|
|6 tablespoons butter||611||69||0.1||0||0.1||0.7|
|1½ cups beef stock||47||0.3||4.3||0||4.3||7.1|
|½ cup heavy whipping cream||405||43||3.3||0||3.3||3.4|
|½ cup sour cream||228||22||5.3||0||5.3||2.8|
|2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce||27||0||6.7||0||6.7||0|
|½ tablespoon Dijon mustard||4.7||0.3||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.3|
|1 teaspoon xanthan gum||10||0||2.4||0||2.4||0|
The post Keto Swedish Meatballs appeared first on Ruled Me.