Low Carb Keto Tiramisu Recipe
Searching for a unique low-carb dessert for your next dinner party? Look no further than this delicious keto-friendly tiramisu.
Sure, you could go for the easy mug cake option, or even a low-carb custard or sponge cake — but that’s been done.
While cheesecake is always a winner if you really want to impress your dinner guests go for this keto tiramisu.
Even if you’re dinner guests aren’t following a keto diet, this take on tiramisu is sure to please.
This low-carb tiramisu is:
The main ingredients are:
- Perfect Keto Unflavored Collagen
- Perfect Keto Mocha Coffee
- Almond flour
Optional additional ingredients:
- Vanilla extract
Health Benefits of This Keto Tiramisu
Collagen Supports Bone and Joint Health
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body, and it provides support to bones, joints, and muscles. As a crucial part of your connective tissue, it allows your bones and joints to remain mobile and fluid[*].
Research shows that as you age and lose some of your bone and cartilage integrity, collagen supplementation may increase bone mineral density and have a protective effect on the cartilage around your joints[*].
Gluten-Free and Sugar-Free
Traditional tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert that’s typically made with ladyfingers, a type of flour-based cookie. In this recipe, you’re skipping the wheat flour and going with keto-friendly alternatives — coconut flour and almond flour.
And instead of loading on the sugar, this keto tiramisu recipe calls for keto-friendly sweeteners like swerve and stevia. Lucky for you, these changes make your dessert much more nutritious, while remaining incredibly delicious.
Are you ready to make this classic Italian keto dessert?
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, and grab your ingredients to begin.
In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and Perfect Keto Unflavored Collagen, then set the bowl aside.
In a small bowl, whisk your separated egg yolks together and set aside.
Next, using a hand mixer, mix the separated egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gently fold the egg yolks into the egg white mixture, put aside.
To your large bowl, add the melted butter to your dry ingredients, whisking to combine, then fold in your egg mixture.
Now that your cake mixture is ready to go, grab a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread the batter with a spatula, so it’s about 2 centimeters thick. Bake, the cake mixture for 12 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick, comes out clean.
Meanwhile, mix together your coffee drizzle, and set aside. And whip together the mascarpone mixture and set aside.
Once the cake is done cooking, let it cool, then slice the cake mixture into squares.
Now for the fun part — layer the tiramisu as follows: cake pieces, pour of coffee, mascarpone cream mixture, optional chocolate shavings, and repeat again.
Give the top of your tiramisu a light dusting with cocoa powder, and enjoy.
Refrigerate any leftovers for later.
If this is your first time making tiramisu, be sure to go slow when pouring the coffee so you don’t soak it through too much.
Top your tiramisu with whipped cream or shaved keto chocolate pieces for some extra flair.
If you’re not a fan of stevia or swerve, you can feel free to use monk fruit as your sweetener.
If you’re caffeine-sensitive you may want to stay away from using a strong coffee in this recipe. Instead, opt for a decaf coffee or a milder roast.
Low Carb Keto Tiramisu Recipe
Try this keto tiramisu at your next dinner party. This Italian low-carb dessert skips the lady fingers and opts for almond flour and coconut flour instead.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Unflavored Collagen
- 2 tablespoons powdered swerve
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated into two bowls
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 packet Perfect Keto Mocha Coffee
- ½ cup hot water
- Stevia to taste
- 5 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Stevia to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first four ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks together in a bowl and set aside.
- Use a hand mixer to mix the egg whites until stiff peaks form and gently fold the mixture into the egg yolks.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients, whisking to combine and gently fold in the egg mixture.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the batter so it’s about 2 centimeters thick and bake for 12-14 minutes or until easily pierced with a toothpick.
- Mix together the coffee drizzle and set aside.
- Whip together the mascarpone mixture and set aside.
- Slice the cake mixture into squares and layer the tiramisu as follows: cake pieces, generous pour of coffee (not enough to soak it, though), mascarpone mixture, optional chocolate shavings, and repeat again.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 217.2
- Fat: 20.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g (Net: 5.2g)
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
The post Low Carb Keto Tiramisu Recipe appeared first on Perfect Keto.