One-Pan Keto Salmon and Asparagus
Asparagus and salmon is a classic pairing that goes together exceptionally well. If you’re looking for a simple and easy dinner to create at home when you’re running low on time (but still want to stay healthy), consider adding this dish to your rotation. It’s a perfect keto meal that can be scaled up easily based on how many people you’re cooking for.
This is very versatile in the way you can change up the spices to suit your own tastes. You can use any dry herb seasoning if you want to change up the flavor profile: old bay, tarragon, or dill would do great sprinkled over the top and bottom of the salmon. I could also see a chili-based seasoning with a squeeze of lime juice (instead of lemon) as the finisher being great, too!
Yields 2 servings of One-Pan Keto Salmon and Asparagus
- 8 ounce asparagus spears
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 9 ounce salmon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium lemon
1. Rinse the asparagus and cut the bottoms of the spears off.
2. Heat half of the butter in a pan (that can fit the asparagus and salmon) over medium heat.
3. Fry the asparagus for 4-5 minutes until cooked but not soft. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the remaining butter to the pan, then add the salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the salmon on both sides until cooked through. Stir the asparagus occasionally.
5. Serve in a bowl with the pan drippings. Squeeze lemon over salmon and asparagus.
Makes a total of 2 servings of One-Pan Keto Salmon and Asparagus. Each serving comes out to be 495 calories, 39g fat, 3.4g net carbs, and 31.2g protein.
|8 ounce asparagus spears||45||0.3||8.8||4.8||4||5|
|4 tablespoon butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|9 ounce salmon||526||31.5||0||0||0||56.4|
|salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium lemon||12||0.1||3.9||1.2||2.7||0.5|
|Per Serving ( /2 )||495||39.0||6.4||3.0||3.4||31.2|
The post One-Pan Keto Salmon and Asparagus appeared first on Ruled Me.