Seared Salmon and Asparagus with Easy Hollandaise
This dinner recipe is as impressive as a restaurant meal, but it’s so easy to put together. So, no excuses for eating out again, we’re dining in tonight! The salmon and asparagus spears are seared in a single pan, then the hollandaise is quickly whipped up in a blender. Anyone can make hollandaise using this method, yes that means you. Even if you’ve broken this sauce a million times, you’ll have this on the table in no time.
I chose salmon and asparagus, but you could easily substitute broccoli if you’d prefer that instead. Our keto spin on rice pilaf would go great with this recipe as well. Let me know what you’d pour this sauce on top of in the comments. It’s a great way to add more fat to your meals, and I’m always looking for new ideas!
Yields 2 servings of Seared Salmon and Asparagus with Easy Hollandaise
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 (4-oz) wild salmon fillets
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Seasoning to taste
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
1. Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the avocado oil and allow it to get hot. While you’re waiting, season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Sear the salmon fillets skin side down for 5 minutes or so, or until the salmon can be easily removed from the pan. Flip the salmon fillets, then add the asparagus spears to sear while you cook for an additional 5 minutes.
3. Heat the clarified butter in a small pan then remove from the heat. You want it hot enough to bubble so that during the next part of this step the heat will cook the yolks. Add the egg yolks to a blender along with salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Blend for several seconds, then open the top of the lid and slowly stream the butter in while the blender is still running. It should turn into hollandaise sauce. If it’s too thick then feel free to thin it out with a bit of water.
4. Serve the seared salmon and asparagus with the hollandaise sauce drizzled on top.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Seared Salmon and Asparagus with Easy Hollandaise. Each serving comes out to be 702.2 Calories, 58.75g Fats, 3.8g Net Carbs, and 42g Protein.
|Seared Salmon with Asparagus||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon avocado oil||121||14||0||0||0||0|
|8 ounces wild salmon||417||17||0||0||0||62|
|8 ounces asparagus||50||0.5||9.3||4.5||4.8||5.4|
|6 tablespoons clarified butter||612||72||0||0||0||0.7|
|2 large egg yolks||143||9.5||0.7||0||0.7||13|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice||55||4.5||0.6||0||0.6||2.7|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper||3.4||0||1.1||0.1||1||0.1|
|1/8 teaspoon garlic powder||0.7||0||0.1||0.1||0||0|
|1/8 teaspoon onion powder||1.3||0||0.3||0||0.3||0.1|
|1/8 teaspoon paprika||1||0||0.2||0||0.2||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||702.2||58.75||6.15||2.35||3.8||42|
The post Seared Salmon and Asparagus with Easy Hollandaise appeared first on Ruled Me.