SUGAR FREE & KETO MOLTEN LAVA CHOCOLATE FONDANTS
Sugar Free & Keto Molten Lava Chocolate Fondants in 15 minutes. 2g net carbs and guaranteed to satisfy any chocolate lover.
Can’t get enough of chocolate? Want something easy, fast and healthy? My sublime keto version of French chocolate fondant (petit gâteau) is here! With sesame flour, the carbohydrate count is extremely low. And if you don’t like the taste of sesame seeds, fear not, as the chocolate masks all other flavours. In any case, you can easily swap sesame flour for almond flour or hazelnut flour, so you can use whatever your favourite is and still end up with a divine pudding.
If you have 15 minutes to spare and a few basic ingredients, you can make these babycakes! My fondants look and taste a-ma-zing, yet they are incredibly effortless. If you want a sensory experience that is truly second to none, look no further.
Fondants aren’t as liquid in the centre as lava cakes (which contain a piece of chocolate that melts during baking). So don’t expect to cut into them and see chocolate flowing all over your plate.
How to Make PERFECT Sugar Free & Keto Molten Lava Chocolate Fondants
As long as you get all ingredients out and you weigh them, you’ll be savouring these gorgeous keto puddings in no time at all.
All you need is an egg, butter, sweetener, vanilla, nut or seed flour and a really good quality unsweetened dark chocolate. Whip egg, sweeteners and vanilla until pale and foamy, then fold in melted butter and chocolate. The last step is folding the flour into the mixture. Voilá. Ready for baking. 11 minutes later, you’ll have created the most incredible fondants. Just be meticulous with timing: it’s the crucial part. Even an extra minute in the oven and that gooey centre will be no more. Not that it would be a disaster… but you’ll end up with a sponge cake instead of a fondant.
I’ve read that you can make fondants ahead and freeze them until you’re ready to bake. I’ve not tried this yet, but I will soon, as I love the convenience of prepping food in advance. Nothing beats having a pudding ready to go when you suddenly have a craving for sweetness and don’t have time – or cannot be bothered – to make something from scratch. Even if it is as quick as simple as these Sugar Free & Keto Molten Lava Chocolate Fondants. According to on-line sources, once you’ve filled the moulds, you place them in the freezer, where they can live happily for up to one month. Then you simply bake them from frozen, with 5 minutes additional baking time.
Definitely something I’m going to try.
I personally love fondants on their own, but the classic way of serving them is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, créme anglaise or plain cream.
- pre-heat oven to 180°C fan (200°C static).
- butter bottom and sides of 2 darioles/basins/ramequins/silicone moulds – I use THESE.
- melt butter and broken up chocolate, either in a bain-marie or in the microwave, stir to melt the last bits of chocolate, and leave aside to cool slightly.
- using a hand-held electric whisk, whip the whole egg until frothy, then add stevia, erythritol and vanilla, and continue to whip to reach a pale and foamy consistency.
- gently fold melted chocolate mix into whipped egg, and then fold in the sesame flour.
- scoop into your baking vessels and bake (on 3rd height level) for 11 minutes – the tops should be firm to the touch.
- remove from oven, wait 15 seconds, then run a spatula or knife around the sides of each fondant, and turn them out onto serving plates.
- sprinkle with icing ‘sugar’ and serve immediately.